- Donor Bill of Rights
- Code of Ethical Principles and Standards
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal information is collected from potential donors, donors, volunteers and individual grant applications and recipients for the following purposes:
- To deliver information requested by mail or email.
- To send information about the mission and activities of the Catholic Children’s Aid Foundation.
- To evaluate and modify our website and other communication activities based on the feedback we receive.
The personal information collected is kept in confidence. Fund personnel are authorized to access personal information solely for the reason(s) for which it was obtained. Safeguards are in place to ensure that the information is not disclosed or shared more widely than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was gathered. The Catholic Children’s Aid Foundation adheres to the 10 Privacy Principles contained within the Canadian Standards Association Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information, a national standard for Canada.
Our 10 Donor Privacy Principles
- Our responsibility to protect your personal information The Catholic Children’s Aid Foundation is responsible for the protection of your personal information collected through its office or fundraising activities. This responsibility also exists when personal information is transferred to or collected by third parties on our behalf.
- Our obligation to identify the purposes for collecting personal information Before we collect any personal information from you, we will identify the purpose for the collection. A statement of purpose will be communicated wherever possible.
- The requirement for knowledge and consent We will only collect personal information with your knowledge and consent, except in limited situations as permitted by law. This may be with your express consent (for example, where you voluntarily provide information on a form for purposes you clearly understand and agree to) or by declining an opportunity to opt-out of our collection or use of your personal information. Opt-out consent will be used only for non-sensitive information where we believe that the privacy impacts are low and you will be provided with sufficient notice of your right to opt-out of such uses. Further, you can withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time, subject to any legal requirements and reasonable notice.
- Limiting information collection We only collect personal information relevant to the purposes that have been identified. We collect information fairly and lawfully, and directly from individuals wherever possible. You have the right to provide as much, or as little personal information as you choose to share.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention of your information We only use or disclose your personal information for the purposes we have identified to you.
- Our responsibility to ensure the accuracy of your personal information Virtually all of the personal information that we collect comes directly from individuals themselves. We generally assume this information to be accurate and complete, unless we are informed otherwise.
- Our responsibility to safeguard your personal information The Catholic Children’s Aid Foundation uses appropriate safeguards to protect all personal information in its custody and control.
- Your right to access your personal information Upon request, we will inform you if we hold any personal information about you and provide you with access to this information. If we have any personal information about you, we will also tell you for what purposes it is used or disclosed. You have a right to update any personal information that we hold on you. Should you wish to see the full contents of an information file, you must make a formal request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail Communications Catholic Children’s Aid Foundation sends information to donors and other stakeholders by mail. The Fund does not share, trade, rent or sell its mailing or donor lists.
- Email Communications Catholic Children’s Aid Foundation will occasionally send information and/or newsletter notices through email. This is conducted on an “opt-in” basis only. All emails sent include an ‘opt-out’ option should the individual wish to have their name removed from the email list.
All information contained on the site is ©Copyright Catholic Children’s Aid Foundation. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated. Canadian copyright law and international treaties protect the textual, graphic, and audio-visual material for this site. You may not copy, distribute or use these materials except for your personal, non-commercial use. Any trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- You notify us by email of your intent to link to our homepage, or specific subpage.
- Text links reference our website as ‘Catholic Children’s Aid Foundation. Use of our logo is not permitted without express consent.
- You do not place or phrase links in any manner that implies endorsement or approval of your website / product / service.
- Where content is deemed appropriate, we will, at our discretion, place links to external websites on ccafdn.ca. Requests to link to commercial websites are generally declined.